Translate

Wednesday 18 April 2012

¡Hola, Hola!

Yesterday, (April 17, 2012) we started our Spanish Class and can you guess how I felt? Well, I just felt like being around buzzing bees talking to you. I don't know when to say "Si" or if not, what my answer would be, so I just hang my smile around. Anyway, they all seems to be kind and very eager to help.



Jesus cutting the cheese with Peter behind him
Our teacher's name is Jesus Gomez. I see him a very dedicated type of person with gafas on his forehead (at times only! :P). Yesterday, he said that we're not allowed to eat in our classroom, but since it's his birthday on Sunday (April 22), we ate there. He brought biscocho, some apple flavored-jelly thingy which I forgot what's it called, and cheese and shared it to everybody. The food is new to my tastebuds, but I found it yummy and I'm actually craving for it right now (Just except for the too thick cheese. Lessening it a bit would be better!). I remember Dianne and my weird food (pickles and skyflakes with Hershey's chocolate syrup) we advertise to everyone we know for our friends and classmates to try. Jesus is turning 69, but he tells people that he's just 37. One fun thing I saw felt on the mini celebration is when we sang Feliz Compleaños and another lively spanish song which also has an english version. Well he seems happy. Plus, he said he also coaches football! Kewl! He has 2 grown up kids and he lives in Portugalete.

Top to bottom:
Thick CHEESE, apple flavored jelly thingy, biscocho
Most of our classmates are blacks, but they're all nice. Yesterday, we met Hassan, Guy (pronounced as Gi), Lo and Peter. They're all from Africa, particularly in Senegal and Cameroon. Guy and Hassan knows English, but Lo knows Francés. Today, four were added on our "hello new people" list. I didn't remember much of their names, but there is one girl named Mona, a man who's always in a bright smile who knows three languages; Francés, Arabic and Español (yes, our faces were like :O when he said it), a man who wears a beats headphones and one white man from Mauritania (I think he speaks English too). It's so glad to know that they're also helping you with the conversations they make with Jesus and some mini-coachings. :)

I just realized earlier that the class we're attending to is more of a Speaking Lesson. It's full of oral discussions though we're given some guides to look at during our recitations. I just wish that our teacher won't get pissed off with us for our too low volume that he always needs to do actions telling us to make our voices louder, and for wrong answers and stuffs, you know. But he tries his best to make us understand what he wants us to know and what they are talking about. And he will go and ask, "Acuerdo?". If we do understand, "Si", if a bit, "Un poco", if not, "No" of course. But he says "...poquito, poquito, poquito...". I think he means that it's ok to learn little by little by little. We're gonna be excellent students soon. Very motivating! But I do hope there's something to answer written for more practices.

Everytime I'm gonna be asked a question, heat rises to my head and I feel like having a waterfall of sweat. :P Though this makes my head ache, it's turning out to be more interesting than before. I understand now why my mom loves to conjugate. It's just that I'm so lazy and I don't know why but I always end up procrastinating. Oh, shizzles. Hope I'll survive. -.-

And by the way, mom comes with us to school. By saying 'comes with us at school', she sits beside us, kind of a translator at times. At first, I find it funny to think that we're like daycares who would burst into tears if our parents got lost in our sight, but I soon decided to think that she's more like of our classmate already 'cause she also answers and asks questions that confuses her. I find it benefiting for her 'cause she told me before that if only their idioma class didn't got interrupted by work, she'll be probably better than now in speaking spanish.

The building. The Library, classrooms and AVR are beneath the surface. Consider that this place is placed almost like on top of the mountain. Just imagine our workout every morning!
Hasta Mañana!

No comments:

Post a Comment