Translate

Sunday 29 April 2012

Finding a place for me –Attempt #1


Yesterday, Eva and I went to Casa Torre with Tita Josie and Tita Alma for Santurtzi Choir Audition by before 11:30. We signed up when we came there and then waited to be called.



I was so fascinated with the place, especially the murals on the stairwall. I so admire Spain for their artsy walls everywhere I go. With that, I didn’t even felt any nervousness coming around me until when we went inside the audition room. There were 3 judges, cool judges I mean, and 4 audiences. 1 child and 3 grown ups.

Tita Josie
Tita Alma was called first with a sweet voice and my knees started to shake like a dancing gelatin. The first part of the audition was they’ll be asking you first if you can play any musical instrument, then they’ll ask you to sing what you know or want to sing. If none, or nothing pops into your mind right in the minute, they’ll ask you to just sing Happy Birthday in different notes, then the 3 judges will sing with you the happy birthday song in a choir style. Then, will ask you to do the voicing they’ll be asking you to do, with the “po-po-po-po-po” in different notes too. Then you’re done and they will just contact you if you passed. Eva was next in line and sang the chorus of Listen by Beyonce and the rest followed. I was so proud of my sister ‘cause she made the judge tell her “Muy Bien” with a set of claps. With me, there is nothing to expect. I can’t reach high pitch notes they are serving on the table and I was really so nervous that time that I wanted to back out, though I was supposed to sing “Part of Your World” when tita Josie blurted out to just sing Happy Birthday too. Tita Josie came last with a very powerful high voice. She was also singing Happy Birthday to you when instead she should be singing Happy Birthday to me. It’s her birthday today! (April 29, 2012)
3 Awesome judges

Oh well, sabi nga ni tita Josie, wala naman daw mawawala sa amin for giving it a try, except for her earring which fell off somewhere inside Casa Torre. But I bet my sister’s gonna be in. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment