Translate

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Everything was more than you could have imagined

As Santurtzi's Lagun Zaharrak Abots Zuriak enhances their God's given gifts, they got to perform at Frias, Burgos last July 7, 2012. My sister and I am part of this group, but only the seniors sang. As for us, the newbies, we were able to see how a choral concert works especially in my case 'cause it's the first time I ever attended one. But I can really say that it's so awesome!


We met at the "arko" they call where my brother's school's excursion departure and arrival take place, by 4:30 pm. From Santurtzi to Frias, it consumes a couple of hour drive while your eyes embrace the nature along the way. By the way, our transportation is by the members who have car, and for those who do not have one, they just hitched, just like me and my sister. Thanks to Josune for the ride. As much as I want to keep a conversation going, I just feel sorry for myself for being such a lame passenger. Yet, Josune was also trying her best to have convo with us with some of our background, our country, somethings we see on the road, etc. It's a good thing she speak a little english. The whole group was in convoy, it reminded me of our way to Tagkawayan for our family's DeMaSuGet (de Leon - Maramo Summer Getaway). One amazing thing about rocks is that they're just rocks, yet they are so amazing and relaxing (depends).



We arrived by 6:30 pm and we felt like we were back to the medieval age. As in we were all like "Whoah!!". Well maybe just in our heads, but it was really cool. The whole place is like an elevated village. Ang before reaching to it, you get to pass the Medieval bridge they call. Didn't got a chance to have a picture of it 'cuz we didn't had a stop over, or pass through it. But it was kind of scary at night. I feel like something's happening there which was a happening back then. You know, flashbacks and stuffs. Anyway, credits to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Frias-burgos-puente.jpg for this picture of the bridge.


From up there, you could really see lotsa lotsa things down that you could do a perfect Tilt-shift photography. You could also shout "I am the king of the world!!" or queen in some cases. I could've shouted "I love Frias!" if I'm not that shy. hehe!

Moving on, we were given enough time to roam around the place before the concert started at 8pm. We had to be there by 7:15 pm and watch them rehearse. One tip for everyone, wear the most comfortable clothes you could wear, and good of course, for picture purposes. As for girls, never wear heels. Wear one and you would rather be barefoot, I assure you.


upper middle: San Vicente de Frias church, lower left: bars,
lower right: view from Plaza del Obispo José Lòpez de Mendoza

My most favorite picture: my sister at Calle Don Antonio Carpintero La Cuesta

My model of the day
Just as my sister and I were walking, we saw this and said "So this is the actual poster of the event". No, actually "Aahh. eto pala yon.". Of course we speak in tagalog, just except when we're talking to other people.


My sister and I made a friend though we can't understand each other quite often
some random stuffs I took

The whole church opened its ears, listening to the angel-like voices of the performers, conducted by Director Roberto Perdiguero Morales.

Here is the list of songs they sang, written on the program which was given there:
1. Zeruan eder ilargia - A. Donosti, arreglo para 4 voces blancas por Roberto Perdiguero
2. Obsesión - L.Figueroa, armonizada por Luis Elizalde
3. Ave Maria gregoriano
4. Ixil-ixilik - Armonizada por Luis Elizalde
5. Wenn ich ein glöcklien wär - Otto Fischer
6. Lainoak - Música de David Azurza y Letra de Joxemari Iturralde
7. Inmortal Bach - Johann Sebastian Bach, arreglo para 4 voces blancas por Roberto Perdiguero
8. California dreaming - Melodia de The Mamas & The Papas, adaptación, arreglos y armonización para 4 voces blancas por Roberto Perdiguero
9. The rose - Amanda McBroom, arreglada por Krby Shaw
10. Sol naciente - De la película El imperio del sol, arreglada y armonizada por Roberto Perdiguero
11. Cantos canarios - Tradicional Canaria Armonizada por Dante Andreo
12. Maritxu nora zoaz - Canción popular, armonizada por Javier Busto

The history of the choir was also written at the back of the paper, same as the short biography of our director, but it's in Spanish and kinda long to write so, nah. hehe.

One more thing I love about their performance was the actings and stuff. Like for the song Lainoak, they used umbrellas where two singers get to be in one umbrella. At first they were doing their hands like a begar asking for food or money, or most accurate is when you check with your palm if it is raining or not, because it is a song about the rain, I think. At almost the end of the song, Elena and Roberto didn't had any umbrella so they ran across the audience where there is someone who has another umbrella. There was also one thing they did in one song, wherein they scattered around inside the church and had a green glassed candle with them and sang each of their part. And during the last part, on their last song, they gathered every stuff they put on the altar to show that the show's over. It's fun! 

At San Vicente de Frias church
By 9pm, the concert was over and it was so freezy outside. The wind had a cool breeze and we were all so hungry. So we headed to La Roca and had pan con champiñón, chorizo, embotido de español, etc. It was my first time eating pan con champiñón, and I want to have a second time and more. It sure is greasy and messy to eat because of the syrup thingy (I think), but sure it'll leave a mark on your taste glands. Yum!

Pan con  champiñón
While the others were drinking their hot coffees and havin' a little chat, I became more fascinated when I turned around seeing the night lights at the street, so I snuck out and fell in love even more. I tell myself, "I could live here!". Too bad we weren't able to wander around the castle more up, but it sure is a nice view.


My heart was breaking the moment when we were walking to the parking lot already. It sucks to leave a place you've been waiting to go to for a long time. Well as I was saying as we were walking, the place was like Vigan, more than Vigan because it's in Europe and it's more than a street. However, Vigan is still in my list of dream places because it's from my own country. Yes I'm proud.

We left by like 10:30 pm and arrived by past 12:30 am. It's so hard not to fall asleep on our way home. Thank God we came home safe and I just knew that we also have a summer break when Josune said "Hasta Septiembre". Anyway, God bless her. It was a super amazing day for me. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment