Translate

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Newborn woman

I can't say I had enough. Not until I write down how blessed I am turning 18.




Part 1
I decided to go out and breathe some fresh air that Tuesday after class, go high (went to Mount Artxanda), go to my favorite place in Bilbao---Casco Viejo, and to my favorite church in Bilbao, at Begoña. Instead of whining every single reason how I missed the Philippines, how I wished to celebrate there, I thought it would be better to cherish where I am right now, and celebrate with those people who are around you.

This is kind of what I wrote that day before I sleep because I definitely had the best time with those new people I met here at Spain.

"I set my phone to 3:45 am alarm and told myself to wake up early and go to the port and watch the sun rise. No problem. I woke up, yet this movie Final Destination 3 made me feel uncomfy over the night. I even woke up early, but decided not to get up 'cause I just realized that I'm gonna walk on the streets alone. Until mom woke us up at 6:30 and gave this Hannah Montana box with 15 euros on the top and a greeting card from my ninang. When I read it, I said "aww"- for the second time. The first one was when Danica/Himawari, Dianne's college friend made me a collage of my pictures. I'm lovin' my 18th birthday so far. Then I went at our salon to check out the cameras and the batteries. The lights turned on and the big, rectangular tarpaulin greeted me Happy 18th Birthday, displaying my faces in it. "Wow", I say. It still smells like a brand new tarpaulin here as I type this. Mom smiled when she saw me at the salon and kissed and greeted me again for the second time and said that ate hazel made that and asked her to bring it here when she went in the Philippines.

I remember my youngest brother saying na hindi ko pa naman birthday, sa saturday pa daw. And when he saw the tarpaulin, he asked "Birthday mo ba ngayon?, Hindi pa naman november ngayon?, Kelan ba birthday mo, diba November 30?". Then he asked if he could watch TV. I didn't notice that the tarp's covering almost half the shelf, including the television. haha

The climax of my day started when my sister and I came inside the Imaculada Choir practice room, just under the Imaculada church, and my anciano choir mates started singing 3 languages of the song Happy Birthday to You. English, Castellano and Euskera. I got so surprised, even my sister that we forgot to record the singing (including the one before I blew the cake. so no singing video). On the other hand, they were also surprised when my mom came with my brothers carrying my poco handa. They loved my mom's Pasta con Verdura and our very own siomai (dad's recipe), also ninang Ondet's home made cake. I wasn't able to eat there 'cause seeing them happy and eating joyfully, I am already full (mother bird ang peg). But seriously, that's how I kinda felt. I love them! Then, some of us danced until the imisan. I am not so familiar with the songs played, but I find it calm and easy to dance at. I was just taking caution of those new eyes seeing me dance. They might freak out or burst out laughing. We had a great time. Aside from the good comments on the food my mom prepared, I can't help feeling so grateful, knowing they had a blast. Before each of them go home, they made besos and said that they are happy and they had fun. "Estan contenta". I love being with these people. Another thing that made it special is that it was my first birthday celebration with Europeans, Spaniards. They are all so happy, gay, joyful, alegre, contenta, glad, and other more happy words. God Bless them too, always."

On our way home, I told my sister, Parang kailan lang, I was looking forward to this day. I felt infinite.


LOL. Ninang Ondet loves Hannah Montana. :))
I made this box my sentimental box, which encases trashes. haha. joke. I just love keeping things, and papers and stuffs.
silent shocker. Good Morning!
l-r: Kuya Raymond, Me, Eva, Mi-Young, Brent
Had a good talk after class.
Us at the funicular with our Japanese buddy . It was fun talking to him on our way up to Mount Artxanda.

Good things are around
'cuz she's 18 and she's happy and contented
How much do I miss playing soccer? As big as this soccer field!
behind me is the Begoña church
must taste! a croissant with a whip cream like palaman. Random yumness!
This chair is just full of Awesomeness! Yeah for skateboard! \m/
I just love these people to bits!
 con (l-r): Aurora, Maria Jose, Tita Alma, Alfonso
it was nice of Alfonso to dance waltz with me.
my brother is so cute. haha!
Yep, choir people don't just sing. We also dance!
We miss you here daddy!
With mom, the birthday girl two days after mine--- November 1!
Check out my new favorite necklace! Take note of the bead, it glows in the dark! Thank you to Jose Mari! <3 nbsp="nbsp">
Ninang Ondet made me a cake, and of course it was a hit! ;)
I stitched the videos I took that day and some of those my sister took. I don't think this is a very entertaining one 'cause I edited it half awake, thinking that dad's gonna bring his laptop to work. I just want to upload it, and I want more people to see how awesome Bilbao is. Anyway, please try not to fall asleep while watching the video, 'cause even I haven't watched it full with my eyes wide open. ha ha! I always fall asleep. Hurray to the calm songs of The Radio Dept. and Julia Marcell, and to my shaky hands and to my boo-ish edit.


I enjoyed reading wall posts, pms, and seeing photo presents in facebook. Even though I had a hard time replying to everyone, I appreciate every wall post my facebook friends posted on my wall even though most of them probably just knew my birthday through facebook. Anyway, those little things meant to me. Thank you again! Also, I want to acknowledge my highschool classmate, my "ka-birthday", Clint Jasper Rosita whom I thought was my "twin", until I knew that he was born on 1995.

Speaking of presents, I want to share this video that my highschool classmates made for me out of boredom. It was a super funny video, made me crack up! Kudos to Kevin's cool editing skills! Idol! B-)



Part 2
At November 3rd, 2012, our home went full house again. Post celebration of my birthday with the family, and the part 2 for me. I did not have the perfect bonggacious party, but being with the family (although not yet all) is what's most important.

I did not have the perfect debut I wanted exactly to happen, I did not dance with 18 guys with 18 roses (though I prefer tulips), and did not heard 18 wishes from 18 different people completely, but I had the most amazing eyes and ears fulfilling present from my cousins ever. We watched and laughed at my younger self with the video presentation my sister made for me. Talk about leakage! I knew that was what she was doing when I saw her ransacking my hard drive files. A sweet simple song from Kuya Pierro which made everyone wipe their tears, and a super awesome and funny MTV from my physically long distanced cousins in the Philippines; Kuya Romejohn (Young), Kuya Arjay (Wild), and Ate Hazel (Free). I felt rich with them. You see, the best talaga ang pamilya!




Ninang's Project/Gift
Ang masasabi ko lang sa cake na to: Malaman sya! ;)
dear Family
love you daddy!
18 na po panganay nyo :)
cousins vÜv
Titos and Titas
Cheers! 
With my beautiful Ninang Ondet/master/baker
bisitas

I just love this picture. Everyone's so happy.

For the last time, I want to thank everyone who became part of me as I reach the age of 18. Family, Friends, Classmates, Blockmates, etc. You know who you are. God Loves Us All. 

---------

1 comment:

  1. WELL DONE!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS ON THIS BLOG VERY INTERESTING AND SO TOUCHING...
    WELCOME TO LADIES WORLD AS YOU TURNED 18 YEARS OLD
    HOPE YOU'LL BE WISE IN EVERY CIRCUMSTANCES THAT COMES YOUR WAY
    BE STRONG IN ALL YOUR STRUGGLES AND BE OPTIMISTIC AT ALL TIMES
    I MIGHT NOT KNOW YOU FOR LONG A TIME BUT I KNOW FROM YOUR EYES THE GOODNESS IN YOU NOT TO MENTION THE FEELINGS YOU'VE SHARED IN YOUR BLOG FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE I ALSO PASSED THIS YEARS WE'RE YOU'VE BEEN
    KEEP IT UP GIRL!!!
    BEST REGARDS =)
    - Tita Gina

    ReplyDelete