Translate

Monday 23 December 2013

Busca la vida

Finally I got THIS chance to write something about school.

Since the week after school started, I had been planning on writing something about it. Maybe jot down my first feelings and expectations and reality and stuffs. Obviously I wasn't able to do it.


I am happy to be writing this now but I don't know where to start and how to summarize everything in order for this not to be a boring blog.

Let me start from the last day of school this 2013. We did not have a christmas party. They call it 'merendola'. But thanks to this rainbow, we almost saw the end of it.

Credits to Cecilia
On the bright side of considering the bitter fact of having class at FOL (a very unlikable subject to most students) while every class in our school enjoyed their pintxos with party music on, I passed my recuperación in FOL. :)

Looking back from the productivity days a.k.a. project days, I think we all did pretty well.

Fetching us from the 'audiences' seats', our very first school project was the annual Cine Invisible. We did not took part of the 'cine' thingy but the planning and holding the event. That's right, talking about technical stuffs here bro. The inauguration took place in our school, and the opening was at Alhóndiga. We also attended the awards night and guess what, we got free t-shirts! See Gata Marta.

credits to Ibon

On our PCV class, we made a short film (which was my first time). The project was based on the annual Zinebi Express event held here in Bilbao, my teacher thinking that we might need some preparations if it interests us to participate the said event. We had like 5 days of production and post-production. Our short film's title was "La Búsqueda". Other groups' were "El Cuaderno Azul", "La Misión", and "El Funcionario".



Dropdead enthusiasm for me for the Teatro Negro project at REE. I am a super fan of glow in the darks so imagine my joy when my teacher announced that we are gonna be doing a play with black light. After explaining and stuff, he told us to "try it and be silly" (in spanish of course) and we were all like noobs there having fun with the light. ha ha



After more or less than 3 weeks of preparation, we had our presentation with the audiences from other classes such as 2RPA, Laboratorio y Imagen, Sonido and Integración Social (I think). There were no titles for every play, so I will just type the idea. 1st group: kid with his live toys at night. 2nd (ours): a guy who died from electrocution and found love for being a ghost. 3rd: the robber. 4th: super mario.


guess who? :)



group meeting

Not a school activity, but a perk for being an Imagen y Sonido student, I got to attend this aweso-spiring conference of rad graphic artists in europe. I was with Amaia and the group(or was it the event) was called Selected D.


gobo


a basque who works at National Geographic in Washington. Seriously this guy's awesome


Another perk is to have access to a play's stage preparation and general practice on the week of Theatre Festival in Santurtzi. We watched Ejecución Hipotecaria at Serantes. One funny part, the company's official photographer looked like Ezra Miller!


Recently, our school (particularly our class 1RPA) collaborated with the school Ibarrekolanda, the Artes Escénicas students for a (wait for it....) flashmob (!!!). I had been dreaming to see one in person here at Spain since we arrived. And yes, another mark of happiness for me. Although we spent weeks of pre-production, production and post-production for this project, I couldn't be more glad to be able to be part of it (the coverage and editing of course but it would be fun to dance too. hehe)

There were tons of unused video from that day considering the number of cameras used (there were 8) with the videos chopped for a 5 mins and 38 secs video. I was thinking of something to do with them.




Aside from the projects that give both stress and contentment and experience, normal school days sometimes come with spice and everything nice.



looks like a real production, eh? We aren't doing the TV production class until 2nd year.


every friday, room 309, MTA class, this whiteboard isn't just a whiteboard (the last class the day before always have something drawn) hashtag coolness

recreo buddies
Metro Bilbao's birthday treat. It's actually yummy, not just a puchu-puchu
Yup, I joined Zinebi without any luck. Anyway, It was fun though it rained.

Brought cupcakes the day after my birthday (credits to Irati)
Semana Verde a.k.a. Science week in my country. We won the bingo!
I never thought we could have colored (CYM) shadows!

More: Exams. My grades make me feel numb. I got as high as 9 and two failed subjects with 3 and 4 and seeing them, I just don't know what to feel. Thankfully my school offers recuperaciones (make up tests). Fail it and take them again on June. When I found out that I passed in FOL, I can't believe it changes my mood whenever I feel bad. haha

REE exam

One sunny morning, I was sitting with a couple of classmates at breaktime on the stairs outside the school (but still literally inside the school premises). It was a wednesday and one of my classmates (Ander) commented on how he hates wednesday. Knowing that it's the middle of the week, we could just ask ourselves where did monday and tuesday go because tomorrow is thursday and then friday and it's already the end of the week. He has a point. These past few weeks, I have been hearing Andrea and Irati greet him 'Feliz Miércoles'. I assumed it was because of it. hehe


Schooling in a different country with you being like an alien is bittersweet. First of all, the language. Second is companions (real ones). Third is the adjustment on the education system. Inspite of these things, it is a fun experience to be surrounded by people with a bit different culture although sometimes I just find myself cursing school, cursing life. I guess it's just part of being a teenager and a student and living. Hey, my classmates are funny so I'm guessing I haven't left school without smiling or having a good laugh.


It was hard to think of a title. Our teacher in Regiduría always tells us to 'busca la vida' which totally makes sense because that's how we should find ourselves doing in the time of thirst.

Merry Christmas! (Although it sucks to be jumpacked with assignments this christmas vacay)
- Agur!

P.S. I study Realización en Audiovisuales y Espectaculos, I am in the 1st year of this Grado Superior Ciclo Formativo and I study at IEFPS Tartanga in Erandio.

No comments:

Post a Comment