Translate

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Finding a place for me –Attempt #2

Cooking. Yeah. Wait, what? Oh, cooking. It's not really my thing. But I sure am a gourmand! I assure you that. haha. And I would like to take this opportunity to thank my sister for being my superhero when I get to be asked to cook (aside from this time) heehee. She got her big interest in cooking from Dad, the master chef. ;{D



But I do know that every girl, who will soon become a woman should know how to cook and not just depend on whatever's gonna be served on the table, by someone or from a delivery or a take out. It's kinda funny when tito Romy kept on saying to me, "A key to a man's heart is through his stomach" before when dad was teaching me how to cook Adobo. Why need a key when what can happen is the other way around? Haha. just kidding. I know we should be independent. I just need some motivation and guts to feed my own belly and whoever will dare eat what I might cook (Much luck!).

The thing is, when mom came home earlier from work, she actually got shocked seeing me in the kitchen holding a calphalon wood and actually cooking alone. Well, dad asked me to cook spaghetti for mom, for this day. I'm not sure on how I felt, but I never felt like I'm so forced to do it though it's a command, but I kind of felt like an enthusiast earlier. I gotta say it's fun, but not the thing I'll always be doing voluntarily.
Dad is currently at Madrid right now, for work so he asked me to do it for them. Besides, I find Disney Channel a very inspiring and motivating network for viewers especially me. Yesterday I was just watching "Good Luck, Charlie" where one episode was about Mr. Bob Duncan and Mrs. Amy Duncan having their anniversary, and their kids preparing a special dinner at home while Gabe took his parents to watch movie. The whole thing's kind of a tragedy, but before the end of the day, they made their parents smile for their simple showing of love and care. :)

Back to my spaghetti, "Hope you'll like it" is all I can say. Oh and, Happy 18th Anniversary, Mom and Dad! lots of love. <3
Hi mom!
(Thank you, tita Marlou for the kutsinta!)
Toast, Daddy!
My masterpiece: Own cooking with Daddy's help via phone

No comments:

Post a Comment