Translate

Monday 3 June 2013

Estoy de camarera

It's been a while since I last updated my life events here. I'll try to cope up with those, but for now, I'll blog about my sneak peak on how a normal adult life works out.



Before I get to the stage where I experience the pressure of life's reality, I would like to remind myself that today, the first day of my on-the-job training, I had fun. I am an amateur, a first timer and a trainee. My first day was fun because I was able to look on the bright side. I want to state in this blog the optimism I should seek to feel whenever times might get rough. This may not be the job I really wanted, but as they say, experience is the best teacher. And also, I could get to serve those hungry awesome people. I could practice my spanish, and the best of all, I can earn money better than spending the whole summer sitting around.

For the older me's sake who would read this blog in the future:
One day, I went out with my cousin kuya Pierro to submit curriculum vitaes to various restaurants/fast food chains. Garbatella was the first place we submitted ours and also was the first one who called us (although others didn't really called us). We had an interview the day after the call. And started the training 2 days after (today, monday). Our relatives were all so happy for us that we were able to find job in spite of the crisis going on here in this dear country. I was assigned to be a waitress and kuya Pierro at the kitchen. It was like my first day of college when my bestfriend and kuya romejohn texted me and wished me good luck. Today was tito Romy, ninang, mom, and dad. 1:30 pm was our time and we finished at like 4:15pm. Before going home, they made us eat carbonara (in behalf of not having salary on the ojt's. I think we all know that). Kuya Pierro and I were both contented and we feel blessed. :-) It was a good day so I decided to walk home. :-)


Adorno by Osvaldo

We work at the awesome italian restaurant, Garbatella at Ballonti mall in Portugalete. For more informations, visit their website.
http://garbatella.es/

Epilogue: I think it's kinda funny how my work experience is so detailed that from the day I went seeking for a job, until the interview, until the first day, my internet profiles are updated. I think that's how we roll in this generation. B-)

No comments:

Post a Comment