Translate

Thursday 27 December 2012

Salida a por la luz de Belén con Navegantes


I kept wondering how is "Ir por la luz de la paz de Belen" going to happen. I can still hear the laughs of my sister and Alfonso and mine when I asked about it. I asked where and Alfonso said in Bilbao. We're gonna travel from Santurtzi to Bilbao. In my mind, was the marathon event flyer I saw before, which happened last November 25, so I asked, "andando?". Laughingly, Alfon said, "No, en metro", with gestures. haha

We had our hankies loosely tied on our necks like the one for girl scouts and boy scouts before we left the parroquia. We had blue hankies. Others had white, and all of them excpet me and my sister had a purple sardine brooch. *sad, OP kame. loljk. I think they ran out of those.












As one of the elders among the youth, most likely young adult or old teenager, my sister and I were found with Marijose, Alfon and Cristina as the in-charge. Kids are so malikot, yet we have look after them. Now I know the feeling of those elders who do not want to bring children when they're out running errands, or something. Anyway, they're all fun to be with, with those jolly spirits, though when we returned to the parroquia, they got scolded by Marijose.



The theme was "Quiero Verte", "Ikusi Nahi Zaitut" in euskera. There's "Beleneko Bakearen Argia 2012" written on the candle cups given, so I think that's the main title of the event. I got kilig when I knew that we're going to Casco Viejo. We lighted the right part of the Cathedral, adjoining with the different teenagers of different points here in Bilbao, wearing a different color of hanky around their necks.



When we reached the Cathedral, we roamed inside the church and looked at the historical parts of the church. Alfonso acted as a tourguide to those kids, telling about those monuments and saints, and stuffs. It is very calming inside the church, I just love the atmosphere.








¿Quien necesita tu luz? Read. Think about it. Realize. That question followed the quick slideshow of photos of different things a person may not know happening in the other part of the world he's living at. War, hunger, poverty, etc. Who does really need your light?







The bengalas were mine. Haha. I brought them. Mas astig parroquia namen. :-{)







"Silence Please"
We send our prayers for the kids at Connecticut



Per parish, each must bring a lampara. Light it up, and keep the spark until you reach your home parish. We did. Thanks to the holder who even sang when we were in metro. On our way home, the metro is a sardine can filled with not sardine but people (of course). The last part of the train on the right side was filled with happily singing voices these kids, led by Alfonso and Marijose. Yup, jingle bells are ringing at the train, 'cause Christmas is getting nearer.



Christmas caroling at Metro
When we reached the empty parroquia, we gathered in the front left part with those lights we brought. And yes, picture taking again. I find Marijose adorable being amazed with no flash photography. She always complains for the dark backgrounds whenever she uses flash. I taught them the pogi pose and the latest version of the jejepose. hahaha!









I gotta admit, mas nafifeel kong home na talaga ang Spain with these people. Pero syempre, first pa rin lagi ang lupa kong sinilangan. :-)

by Marijose
Dahil ikaw bro, ang star ng Pasko
The next day, we gathered at the practice hall and danced with the candles. That time I was thinking that I feel like we were dancing on a campfire, it's just that the light isn't at the middle, but at the sides of the room. Then we ate, then we watched a video of a typical dance here at Spain that Alfonso danced with a partner at Cataluña, or maybe it's a typical church dance? Not sure, but after we watched the video, Alfonso taught us the basic steps. Throughout the song, you just repeat the steps.






------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment