Translate

Sunday 2 December 2012

JAM

Last night (dec1), my sister and mom celebrated their birthdays. My cousins, talented cousins (rather) came. Everytime we always get together, we never fail to do some jamming sessions. Like just as our hobby, singing, playing the guitar, which ends up in doing covers, although we end up not having the super perfect pasada, or if there is, not being able to upload some.



Ever since we arrived here at Spain, I always tried to do something new. Just this year, I learned how to play the ukulele and the guitar (both influenced by my sister, just like how she influenced me in memorizing Super Bass when I was in IT. Just imagine her singing the song every morning for like a couple of weeks. And yes, it never fails to wake me up that time). Pretty much, she looks more like of a big sister to me in some ways. I say music likes her and so does she. I will always be her apprentice. *All hail Eva* -lol

I went to our room, where magic happened and might will continue to happen. I borrowed the uke, played the song Say It Again by Marie Digby, then my cousin Gheran, did some plucking, my sister, did some 2nd voices, kuya Pierro tapped, or was it knocked? on the guitar, then kuya Pierro called ate Kathy to cling some keys, and then said, "HAHA! RECOOORD!". We were all so psyched so we recorded it, since my sister received baby LD from daddy for her birthday. The video is still below average, but the best part is the clear sounds. ;)


It was really a super fun song with those invent sounds. I really love how my cousins get involved with music. Last summer, the night before we had our family outing, we also had a jam at Gheran's kitchen. We were just this, playing songs, then Gheran brought out their frying pans and caseroles, and a thingy he used to tap those, kuya Pierro moved the mini cabinet and used it like a beatbox, while me and my sister sang while playing the guitar. We were so distracted with the music that we didn't even bothered setting the camera to record. hah! I think I remeber seeing a waterfall outside their kitchen window. Yup, I do. That was their grumpy "kapitbahay", who are living on the upper floor. Not that I am emphasizing their bitchness, but they are kind of kill joys. Pfffbt.

'till next jam primos! ;-)

-----------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment