Translate

Wednesday 12 December 2012

12/12/12: One Day on Earth

I've been planning to do something "big" or something "awesome" or "cool" on 12/12/12. And what the heck, it's 12/12/12 today and I didn't even remember! I said I've been planning, meaning, 'till now I'm still thinking something of to do. Last year, may bestfriend told me about the site One Day on Earth, and told me to capture something inspiring about 11/11/11. Pretty much, I failed. I totally have no idea of what to shoot, since that day, I was at a hangar the whole day with my tita.



As far as I can remember, I promised to do better this year. It's a good thing I checked my facebook early, so something notified me. Since I forgot the date today, I've been brainstorming what to to. Then I remember something from my bucketlist which I wasn't able to do in my birthday; Get high with Puente Colgante.

Puente Colgante is a bridge that transports people and vehicles from Portugalete to Las Arenas or vice versa. Take note, it is the oldest transporter bridge and here's a fun fact; it was designed by Alberto Palacio, who was one of Gustave Eiffel's disciples. Gustave Eiffel, from his name himself is the designer of the very famous and well loved Eiffel Tower. That's why this bridge kinda has some significance with the Paris tower.  It is one of the tourist destinations here in Bilbao.

It may not be a very "cool" thing for everyone, but for me, it is. In fact, living here at Bilbao for like 8 months, it was my first time crossing the bridge in a higher level. It was so cold up there, considering that it's december and we came up by like 5pm and finally went down by like 6:30.

"Hoy es 12-12-12"
I was with my sister, and we made a video! I really really wanted to make December 12, 2012 a very big deal, since it's the last date with the same date shortcut number I will ever be alive.



If you want to experience getting high, you must prepare 7 euros. The ticket costs 6 something, but my sister and I bought it for just 4,80. Thanks to our very trusted discount card. :-)

I was just researching more about Puente Colgante Vizcaya and this came; Puente Colgante (Manila). haha. I don't think I've been here before...

I had fun up there with my sister. And with my brothers, we tried doing light painting using my cousin's camera on Fireworks mode, yet... I just don't think we succeeded. haha
At home, using mom's flashlight
lusis
RRR is the best I got. haha
I was the one on the left. Pardon me.

Happy One Day on Earth!!! :-)
------------------





Blog originally typed 12/12/12. Edited and published 12/13/12

No comments:

Post a Comment